Pictorial review of my week in Bushy Park and Regent's Park

Picture taken in Bushy and Regent's Park this week

Bushy Park
I look forward to my days in Bushy Park especially on sunny mornings. The sound of the Swallows twittering above the stables and busy feeding their young, the first of which fledged this week is hard to beat. 



The female Little Owl has been in the old barn most days and doesn't appear to be feeding any young. I am not there for long and the only food I have seen her catch has been invertebrates, which she could be collecting to take back when she has a crop full.






A pair or 2 of Linnets are seen most years around the paddock area, this male I think was looking for food to take back to the nest.
This corvid gave this male Common Buzzard a hard to until it had gained altitude and joined the female. It wasn't the local pair, which hopefully will be feeding young somewhere nearby.

Regent's Park
The young Kestrels have changed a lot in the last 8 days.









Time is fast approaching when they will be taking their first flights and have to contend with large number of Magpie's and Crow's in the area.


Some wildlife that I bumped into on my wanderings.
Grass Snake
Oak Processionary Moth catterpillars
Broad-bodied Chaser (female)

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi Tony! Just wondering is the paddock area of Bushy Park accessible to the public? Is it in the 'Stockyard'?
Unknown said…
Hi Tony! Just wondering is the paddock area of Bushy Park accessible to the public? Is it in the 'Stockyard'?