14th July

After collecting my parks vehicle from Richmond Park at 5.25am I called in at Pen Ponds on what was another glorious morning.

DSC_9888

The Common Terns families were all still present including the chick that up until mid-Friday morning was his tray. At around that time I received a phone call from Jan to say that he had fallen into the water. I was to far away to do anything myself apart from calling the Wildlife Officers in that park. They responded very quickly and instead of putting him back on the tray, I said that as one set of juveniles were now flying around it would be worth putting this bird on their raft. Well that seems to have worked as I did see all 3 juveniles on the raft looking quite happy. It does get a bit frantic when the parents of the tray chick bring food in as the earlier pair see them as intruders. After a bit of chasing harmony is restored.

DSC_0013

DSC_0290

DSC_9939-001

This Common Tern was seen several times as it roamed the shores of the pond.

DSC_9954

DSC_9951

After this quick stop it was on to Bushy Park to continue with the removal of OPM nests. While waiting for my tree team to arrive I did checkout the Brewhouse Meadow area.

DSC_0189

The juvenile Common Buzzard showed briefly, although I could hear him calling every now and then.

DSC_0190

DSC_0094

DSC_0154

DSC_0217

DSC_0184

DSC_0115

DSC_0126

DSC_0151

DSC_0150

Comments

Is that a telephoto lens being use for the red deer shot?.....brave man if not.... wonderful image.
I do use a long lens normally as then they behave normally. However the one of the stag was taken with my Nexus at a range of 12ft.