7th February

I had a day's leave today to take my wife up to Norfolk to stay with her mum who has been unwell. Sally isn’t keen on using the underground so I said that I would drive her there. Her sister thought that I was mad to drive there and back, especially as snow showers were predicted. Sally said “he will probably go birding on the way home”. She wasn’t wrong. I was hoping to catch up with the long staying Black-bellied Dipper in Thetford.
Did I dip on the dipper or did it delight me?
The heard of Bewick’s Swans on the site of the old Ludham airfield had increased to numbers I had never witnessed before. There were at least 300 present, though these were quite nervy and could only be really watched from the car or from a long way away.
Is there anything out of place here?
DSC_7714
A small part of the heard that were spread out across a very large field feeding on some kind of crop and bathing in the large puddles.
DSC_7727
DSC_7819
Birds were coming and going in the short time I was there.
DSC_7835
DSC_7880
DSC_7768
DSC_7862
DSC_7790
DSC_7792
DSC_7974
DSC_8158
DSC_8337
DSC_8358
DSC_8430
DSC_8712
DSC_8769-001
DSC_8530
DSC_8696

Comments

That dipper is a lovely bird...Dippers are in my top ten....And the lesser woody too Great news all round
Dippers are one of my favourites, that is why I really wanted to see this bird.