13th January

Regent’s Park

I had listened to the BBC weather forecast and had intended to enjoy a sunny early morning in Hyde Park looking at the Bearded Tits, as usual they were wrong again. I do not know why I listen to them to them.

For that reason I had a quick look around Regent’s. The only bird of real note was the Water Rail. It showed several times and would have been my second photographic target, may be next time.

I would say to anybody that is not familiar with Bearded Tits get to Hyde Park as soon as possible. It is highly likely that the approaching cold spell will force them to move. Possible not the snow but if the lake freezes then they might struggle to find water to drink.

DSC_4750

DSC_4636

DSC_4409

It was quite cold this morning and this bird looks to have wrapped herself up in the seeds of the phragmites.

DSC_4426 

DSC_4497

DSC_4583

DSC_4622

DSC_4803

A handful of bird paparazzi.

DSC_4801

Comments